Thursday, October 13, 2011

Doll House Dolls

Yesterdays Miss Carroll's Doll Study Club meeting was about doll house dolls. I spent the evening learning about the history of doll house dolls and admiring the examples that were on display.

So, in honor of the meeting, I present my doll house dolls. 

Once upon a time there was a girl doll, but I finally threw her away when her head refused to stay on. (I know, I know, a hasty and unwise decision.) They were made by the German company Caco and I received them around 1978. Since they were a family of five, just like mine, I decided they were my family. It made naming the figures very easy.

On Christmas Eve, my younger brother, Billy, and I, slept in our sleeping bags under the Christmas tree. Billy was determined to see Santa. I was hoping that we would fall asleep so that Santa would actually come. At one point I heard noise and saw a shadow in the stairwell to the basement. I panicked, closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I guess I eventually fell asleep. In the morning, not only did I get to tell everyone that I saw Santa's shadow, but I also got a doll house.

Billy also received dolls that Christmas (O.K., let's call them Action Figures.)


Here he is in his Spider-Man sleeping bag, holding his new Automated Spider-Man and surrounded by Star Wars figure packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment