Monday, August 26, 2013

UFDC Convention 2013: Day 2

I started off the next day right, with a Dynamic Doll Dialogue on Effenbee Historic Lady/Costume dolls.




The program: Designing for Barbie. This was quite interesting and focused on the main designers for the Barbie brand, mostly women.


Lunch was at Buco, down the street. The decor was amazing, the food was not. I would not recommend it to anyone.



A nearby view.


 The evening was filled with the Table Hosts Meeting, a light dinner at the hotel bar - Crab soup - yum, and the opening ceremonies - which were long but interesting. 

(Licca watching the opening ceremonies)



Then, bumbum buuuuummmmm.... The Sales Room was open for business and the Tonner American Model Centerpieces were on display.

I calmly headed to the UFDC table first and bought a Souvenir Fan and Lillian, the American Model in the pink/peach dress.



Next stop? The Tonner table where sale items were still being put out. I controlled myself and chose one extremely discounted doll that I had been drooling over for a while, A Case of the Blues Ellowyne.



I walked the rest of the room, purchased a cute Ginny that I will share later, and went to bed, my head filled to the brim with dolly dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment