Thursday, July 3, 2014

Brief Trip to Seoul, Korea

I spent the past week on vacation in Seoul, Korea. I had a fun and educational time touring all over the city.

Our first day of touring, we took the "City Tour Bus", a hop on and off bus, to: 

N Tower,


Dongdaemun,


and Changdeok Palace.


The next day, we took a "Seoul City Tour" of the DMZ and the Infiltration Tunnel. The tunnel is at a steep slope and once you are down it, the ceilings are very low. Good thing hard hats were required. Even stooping down, I occasionally bumped my head.


The next day was Sunday, and we went to Changsin-Dong, Toy Alley. Due to it being Sunday, about 3/4 of the stores were closed, but I was still able to find some dolls to take home.


On Monday and Tuesday, I traveled and toured on my own, since Dave had to work. 

Monday I toured Gyeongbok Palace.


And on Tuesday I went to Myeongdong to visit Lotte's main branch and go souvenir shopping.
The Lotte was uninspiring, mostly high end clothing departments and 3 floors of high end duty free shops. Meh. On the other hand, the basement had a very nice grocery store and food court. I had lunch from a Thai restaurant - Pineapple fried rice, yum.


The next day we flew home to Tokyo. It was a fun trip, but I was worn out from running all over.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing photos of your trip! I have always wanted to visit Korea! It's awesome that you had a chance to see all those great places. The dolls are cuties!

    ReplyDelete